Hearing that I have gotten a hang of hat knitting, my sister gave me a challenge: knit her a beret. The concept itself is not hard, the most difficult part turns out to be… I obviously do not know how to count. This lace beret pattern I found is not difficult in theory, so to prevent repetitive ripping off (which can be very frustrating), I start counting repetition of the pattern and place stitch markers, so I can contain mistakes within each section.
|Setting up for the beret|
|One of the failed attempts|
|Lace section of the beret|
I am glad to say that I finally manage to finish the project without taking everything apart (I think I have ripped everything out about 3 times before I learned my lessons). Because I use a 100% alpaca yarn, it is softer than wool, so the hat slouches a bit more than I expected.