This year so far, I have been making cards for friends and family for birthdays ad other holidays. One persistant problem is that I rarely finish and send out the cards in time. Just imagine the rabbit from Alice in Wonderland that is running late, yes, that is me.
Very surprisingly, I actually planned ahead while making my sister’s birthday card. Since her Chinese zodiac sign is rat, it is a no brainer that I chose a mouse motif for her card. The fun discovery I made was to blend watercolor pencil with the few Copic markers I have. The result was this intense and rich hue, as you can see on the candles on the front of the card.
- Bazzill Basics Paper in blue
- Canson Mi-Teintes drawing paper in ivory
- Martha Stewart corner and edge punches
- Rubber and acrylic stamps
- Derwent Watercolor pencils
- Copic markers
- Royal Talens gouache in bronze
- Brause blue pumpkin nib
Glad to report that she likes the card!