- 2 1/2 lbs of roma tomato, corded and halved.
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 3-5 cloves of roasted garlic
- 3-5 leaves of basil
- salt and pepper to taste
|Carefully cut off the tip of a garlic bulb and line them up on a piece of foil|
|Drizzling olive oil, and a bit of salt and pepper on the bulbs.|
|Fold the foil around the garlic bulbs to wrap them up in a pouch|
3. Over medium low heat, stir in the butter and mash the tomatoes. The roasting will make tomatoes tender enough to separate. Peel the tomato skin if you prefer not to have it.
3. Peel the roasted garlic and mince. Add it, along with freshly chopped basil to the soup.
4. Stir the soup occasionally while simmer it over low heat for 30 minutes. Tomato will splatter, so do not forget the lid!
If you do not like intense tomato flavor for any reason, you may add 1 cup of water or chicken stock to the soup after adding the herbs.
The soup will pair well with a piece of toasted baguette or some rosemary croutons.